It is believed that St. Patrick came to this area of County Down in 432AD and following his death an abbey was built on the site. After its destruction by the Vikings in the 12th century it was re-founded as an Augustinian Priory which was also destroyed, in the 14th century by Edward Bruce.
On the 1500th anniversary of the landing of St. Patrick the current building was opened, on All Saint’s Day in 1933. Prayer and worship continue to this day. A beautiful church and a reminder of our Christian roots on this island.